Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pink Eye won't go away

Dear SisterKnowItAll,
I'm on day 11 with pink eyes. I'm on my second prescription...$100 into it...no social life and can't get close to my hubby. Pink eye is better, but this morning I have that discharge again. I've never had pink eye. How long does this crap last? What am I missing here? I wash my sheets, don't wear make up, wash my hands etc. Any good advise ?

Signed,
Gookyeyes

Dear Gookyeyes

Ready for the holistic approach. Pink Eye in many cases is a cold that has moved into the eyes, You can Get a banana peel (unrefined coconut oil or Aloe Vera Gel, when you can't lie down) and lay down several times a day with the banana peel on your eyes. Also a saline wash would be a great addition to what you are doing. Use a saline mist in your sinus cavity as well. There is also a holistic product called Agrisept that is grapefruit seed extract,  that is an antibacterila. It helps the body heal itself.  You might also want to consider adding a decongestant, I will from time to time use traditional over the counter medicines to the mix as the eyes are part of the sinus and might help but pink eye when the immune system is down is going to take about 10 days or more to heal once it is bad. You might want to consider an epsom salt hydrogen peroxide and ginger bath for your whole body too. You need to relax and detox and that helps the body heal. If you don't see any improvement in 24 hours you may need to see a doctor there may be another underlying problem preventing your from healing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment