Thursday, April 28, 2016

Naturally Healing Trick for an Ingrown Toenail

I used to suffer from ingrown toenails as a younger Sister Knowitall, when I really didn't know much at all.  I got some great advise about how to treat and forever be healed from an ingrown toenail. Ingrown toenails are caused from wearing shoes that don't fit properly or pointed toe shoes.  Why we feel it is necessary or beautiful to squeeze 5 toes that are slightly slanted but yet mostly square shape into a point is still a mystery to me, I'm not going to tell you to stop wearing them because you won't listen to me.  So wear them if you must just be sensible.  Never wear them two days in a row. Swap to a more comfortable shoe more than you wear the pointy ones.  When you do get an ingrown toenail it is important to take care of the issue before it becomes infected and medical attention is required.  Epsom Salt soaks are helpful for inflammation and infection as is pouring alcohol on the nail. The keep your toenails cut straight across. This  picture is borrowed from webmd.com and shows a trick I have known for years and it absolutely works. The idea is to help to train the nail to grow out over the skin rather than into the skin around the nail.  Most nail salons will cut the corner off of the nail which causes the situation to become worse as the nail grows back out it will again embed itself into the skin causing the ingrown nail to reoccur. I would also put some anti bacterial ointment on it as well. I use my Sister Knowitall salve for that but you can use, an essential oil like tea tree, (melaleuca) lavender or frankincense.  I hope you are able to find some relief from the pain. Take care of your feet and they will take you all the places you'd like to go. I

No comments:

Post a Comment